HEALTH MAGAZINES INFORMATION https://www.magazineshealth.net/2018/07/fever-simple-understanding.html
FEVER A SIMPLE UNDERSTANDING
Definition:- Although a fever could be considered any body temperature above the normal 98.6 F (37 C), medically, a person is not considered to have a significant fever until the temperature is above 100.4 F (38.0 C). Most fever is beneficial, causes no problems, and helps the body fight off infections.
So when the body temperature increase in body that’s the sing of something wrong is happening in our body.
You can say that fever is result of immune response to foreign invader I;e bacteria, viruses, fungi, drugs and toxins.
What are the sing and symotoms of fever ?
A fever can cause a person to feel very uncomfortable. Signs and symptoms of a fever include the following:
- Temperature greater than 100.4 F (38 C) in adults and children
- Shivering, shaking, and chills
- Aching muscles and joints or other body aches
- Intermittent sweats
- Rapid heart rate
- Skin flushing or hot skin
- Feeling faint, dizzy, or lightheaded
- Eye pain or sore eyes
- Loss of appetite
- With very high temperatures (>104 F/40 C), convulsions, hallucination, or confusion is possible. Always seek medical attention for a high fever or if these symptoms occur
How to take temperature ?
Digital thermometers can be used to measure rectal, oral, or axillary (under the armpit) temperatures.
So this is small and simple understanding of fever in next blog you can see Couse and how to treat fever?
Dr. Amin I Bayad
Source by draminanjar.blogspot.com/