HEALTH MAGAZINES INFORMATION https://www.magazineshealth.net/2018/06/sugar-sweet-poison.html
SUGAR : A SWEET POISON ?
Sugar: A sweet poison ?
Human beings are naturally attracted to sweet things i.e, your favorite cake, chocolate, fruit juice or any sweet substance that catches your fancy. As you already know that too much sugar is not good for your health..
Source of Sugar
Sugary drinks (fanta,coca cola), baked foods (cakes), dairy products (yoghurt, ice cream) are the main sources of sugar, even foods like bread, yam, rice, tomato sauce also have sugar in them making it very easy for have to have excess of sugar in our body.
So As short and sweet way how SUGAR can affect our body there are as below
1. Sugar affects your teeth; you probably thought your parents hated you when you were younger for telling you not to eat sweets, but they where right. Sweets, candy can rot your teeth this happens by bacteria eating remnant of sweet foods in your mouth thereby causing cavities and rots
2. Sugar affects your joints; if you have joint pain, here’s more reason to stop eating sweets, candy or sugary foods. Eating lots of sugar has been shown to worsen joint pain because of the inflammation they cause in the body, studies has also shown that sugar consumption can increase risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Sugar affects your skin; this is another side effect of inflammation, it makes your skin age faster. Sugar attaches to proteins in your bloodstream and creates harmful molecules called “AGES” or advanced glycation end products. These molecules do exactly what they sound like they age the skin by damaging collagen and elastin fibres in your skin. Protein fibres that keep your skin firm and youthful. The result of this damage is wrinkles and saggy skin.
4. Sugar affects your liver; an abundance of sugar may cause the liver to become resistant to insulin an important hormone that regulates blood sugar in the blood stream. This means your body won’t be able to control sugar level leading to diabetes.
5. Sugar affects the heart; when you eat excess sugar the body tries regulating it by secreting insulin. Extra insulin in the blood stream can affect your arteries which is part of the circulatory system. Sugar causes the walls if the arteries to grow faster and get very tense which can add stress to the heart and damage it over time, this can lead to heart diseases, heart attacks ,strokes. Research also shows that eating less sugar can help lower blood pressure.
6. Sugar affects your kidney; if you have diabetes too much sugar can lead to kidney damage. The kidneys play an important role in filtering your blood sugar. Once blood sugar level reaches a certain amount, the kidney starts to let excess sugar into your urine. If left uncontrolled diabetes can damage your kidney which prevent them from doing there job in filtering waste in the blood. This can lead to kidney failure.
7. Eating sugar leads to addiction; like many abusive drugs, sugar causes a release of dopamine in the reward centre of the brain. The problem with sugar and many junk food is that they can cause massive dopamine release much more than we were ever exposed to from food found in nature. For this reason, people with susceptibility to addiction can become highly addicted to sugar and other junk foods. The ” everything in moderation ” message may be a bad idea for people who are addicted to junk food, because the only thing that works for true addiction is abstinence.
source by draminanjar.blogspot.com/